Wednesday, January 2, 2013

How long?

There is a hole in our hearts... until Abba fills it.
And so, my eye rims fill; noticing how many keep it vacant.
Noticing their pain.
They try to fill it with drugs, sex, and alcohol.
They try to fill it with food, television, and self pity.
Always ending up emptier than before.

How long, O Lord?

How long will we run from You?
How long? Only you fill our hearts. Joy pours in.
There is nothing like having You in our hearts.

I feel a mess sometimes. Please, still use me.
How can I encourage? I want to encourage them.

Listen Listen! All you need to do is repent!
With a sincere heart, ask forgiveness from the one who forgives.
Ask Him to fill that empty hole; and be made whole!
Each day is a new beginning; His mercies always new.

So many feel unworthy, and they give up because they're scared.
Help us, Father. Help us face our fears and bless You with our love.

I want to walk after your ways, because when I do, I'm full.
I pray that hearts will turn to You. You are so good.
Use me Father, to show Your love.
He loves you, He desires you.
You're not weak when you fall on your knees before Him.
Let Him fill you because nothing else will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...