Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Content:

The enemy of this world hates the people of God. He hates Israel, and he hates the freedom that the Messiah brings. The enemy loves: blindness, deception, and discontentment. I desire to write to you about discontentment. What a huge temptation it is!

You have all you need - a roof over your head, food on your plate, a car to get around in, more freedom than in other parts of the world (unless you're reading this from other parts of the world:) Wait, wait, all you really NEED is YHWH, and if you don't have Him, you should. He is the only one to find rest in. He is the only one that opens eyes (so long as the one with those eyes is willing); He is the only one that will set you free from this world.

So, then, discontentment trickles in... "My car, isn't good enough." "My body isn't pretty enough." "My life isn't exciting enough." "I should be doing something else." "If only I was <insert greener grassier side>, I would be happy." "I'm so unhappy because...blah blah blah" Oh the tactics of the enemy. They work... when we allow that first thought in. Once that first thought is allowed, the thoughts flush in and become this huge fantasy of a better life and it, in turn, makes your current situation seem... unattractive. Oh, how much the enemy steals from us in this way!

I especially think this temptation of discontentment showers those women who have chosen to be keeper's at home. And young women whom are not married and wondering when such a glorious day will come. I hate this temptation; I know it all too well. I recently was encouraged by a beautiful sister of mine to vocally acknowledge why I am content... today! I cannot begin the speaking with "I'd be content if..." I have to start it with, "I am content today because..." And so, for a week I have been doing it and it's wonderful!!!

I am still tempted, but I'm not allowing the enemy to have a stand in my life, in this area, anymore. I write to you, to encourage you to do the same. Why are you content today? Tell the Father, He desires to hear you. :) Tell the enemy, that he may flee!

I am content today because I have Yeshua, YHWH's salvation, and His mercy in my life. I am content today because I had dollars to spend on a cup of coffee at a sweet coffee shop that I currently sit in. I am content today because I was able to help a friend and a stranger. I am content today because YHWH's blessings are everywhere! I live in America, and we're still pretty free! I can drive down the road, and I have dollars to fill my gas tank. I am content because I have fingers to type this to you. I am content because He is refining me daily! What an awesome Father we serve. Oh, and I can go on and on and on... you should try too. Why are you content today?

If we allow our minds to dream of what could be, we miss out on what is. I pray these words were helpful to you because I love you and I want you to be  free. :) I'm off to mail a gift to a friend.

HalleluYah! All for His Glory.

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5

Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. 1 Timothy 6:6-8

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. 
Philippians 4:11-13

1 comment:

  1. This is sooo good & what I needed at the season I am in. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...