What a battle, the enemy rages! Like the flies flapping around my face and head currently. They land on me and I immediately move and sway so they'll be gone, yet... they keep coming. An annoyance, a constant annoyance.
Like the thoughts in my head. Thoughts like "You're so ugly", "You're not good enough", "You don't know enough of the Word.", the constant "You're never going to get there." The list goes on. When will this flight be over? Demonics desire to live through us, they desire to shine their ugliness through your physical beings. Why do we let them? We think it's our own thoughts, we think we're speaking truth. Oh, it is such a lie.
As with these flies, I long to wiggle and move those thoughts out of my brain and heart as quick as possible. With each little tickle on my skin I react, may it be also with each little thought in my head. In case you were wondering, we awoke to an over abundance of flies in our mansion this morning. :)
I recognize that our feelings come from our thoughts, we think bad and we get bad. We think good and we get good. A simple concept, and yet, the choice is difficult. We let the enemy get us down. We are taken down any chance he gets. Any tiny thought entertained will be used. Oh why Oh why do we let him get us down? My quest is to concur the thoughts of the evil one in my life and to live a picture of the Word of truth and not a picture of evil or what the enemy would have me be. It is so much more fun believing Abba. I believe Papa, help my unbelief. May the focus be off of self and on You. May our desire to be clean and pure before You be on the forefront of our minds. We need Your help; I need Your help in this. Even when it is hard, help me (us) overcome. I trust You.
casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ
...casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Messiah, 2 Corinthians 5:10
Today, I was outside reading, thinking the same thoughts about all of the bugs (flies & ants)... They don't necessarily bite, but they're very distracting & annoying... The book I was reading was saying the same things ~ choice, life, good... You have encouraged me, dear sister!!
ReplyDelete