Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Your Will:

Sometimes I feel like I'm just living. I'm just here today. I really don't know what is going to happen. I really don't know if it is exactly God's will or not. I don't know if I'm making a bad decision; a great decision. All I know, is that I'm here today. Sitting in this chair, living. And earlier, I lived.
Tomorrow... I don't know what it brings. Does that mean I am not in His will? How can I just hear Him say "go here, go there?" Is it the peace that I feel when making a certain decision? Is it the smooth sailing that follows? Isn't this biblical? Walk by faith and not by sight?

Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, 
who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.  
So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at 
home in the body we are absent from the Lord.   
For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, yes, 
well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be 
present with the Lord. Therefore we make it our aim, 
whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. 
2 Corinthians 5:5-9

Is this what it means to walk by faith? Just live, and let Him do His work. Mustn't we seek His will, if we desire His will for our lives? Our precious salvation even said "Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." Do I plan, do I not? Is this momentary? I think so.

I want Your will to be done in my life, Papa. How do I do that? I pray that I am listening to your voice. Does it sound like ease? Does it sound like comfort? Or does it sometimes call me into what I would have never imagined? I really don't know. There is one thing I truly believe and desire to cling to in this moment of... just living.
You know the plans that you have for me.

For I know the thoughts and plans that I have 
for you, says YHWH, thoughts and plans for 
welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in 
your final outcome. 
Jeremiah 29:11

Just living today, hopefully saying what you desire for me to say. I want You to be my life, and I want fulfillment from You. Is the place where I've chosen to move, in your will? Is it possible to be outside of your will? I guess if we must pray for Your will to be done and not our own... it's possible to be outside your will. Father, please lead and help me to follow. I love You. 

Where do I want to be? Following Him ... in His Will, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...